Skip to: Main navigation | MyBUFFSTATE | Main content | Contact information

On-Campus Housing for Senior Standing Students

Policy Regarding On-Campus Housing for Senior Standing Students

Due to limited availability of campus housing, on-campus housing is reserved for students of freshman, sophomore or junior standing.  Senior standing students (90 credits or more) cannot request campus housing during the room selection process.  Therefore, rising-senior level students (juniors who are nearing the end of their junior year) are encouraged to seek housing with Campus Walk (, the preferred off-campus housing provider, or any other off-campus private housing provider. Rising-senior level students may register for the on-campus housing “wait-list” by calling the Residence Life Office at 716-878-3000; however, there is no guarantee that on-campus space will be available. Therefore, rising-senior level students are encouraged to secure housing as early as practical.

Students are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the tips and resources to assist in a search for off-campus housing, which are available on the Student Life website at

Residence Life Office

Buffalo State •  1300 Elmwood Ave  •  Porter Hall
Buffalo, NY 14222  •  Phone: (716) 878-3000 •  Fax: (716) 878-6000
Connect With Us