The Residence Life Office recognizes the importance of providing reasonable accommodations in
its housing policies and practices necessary for individuals to use the residence halls and enjoy the
residential experience. A student who believes they need a disability-related housing
accommodation should contact Student Accessibility Services (SAS) and submit the Disability-
Related Housing Accommodation Request form. Requests should be submitted as soon as possible and, absent extenuating circumstances, prior to room assignment. The location of a particular assignment can never be guaranteed. It is our goal to accommodate each specific need with an appropriate housing assignment on an individualized basis. Students that qualify for Disability-Related Housing Accommodation under Section 504/ADA will receive any such accommodations without any additional charge. Requests for accommodations must be submitted each academic year using the following procedure:
1. Student submits the Disability-Related Housing Accommodation Request (hereafter referred to as the Accommodation Request form) to Student Accessibility Services (SAS) along with supporting medical documentation establishing the need for an accommodation.
- New Residential Students:
- Current Residential Students:
2. If the accommodation request is approved, SAS will contact the Residence Life Office to identify
the appropriate room assignment to meet the need.
3. The Residence Life Office will contact the student regarding the housing assignment.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.