ROOM SELECTION PROCESS TIMELINE:
February 17, 2020:
Housing License and Dining Applications become available on your myHousing account
This needs to be completed before you can select a room
March 9-12, 2020
Current residents who have lived on campus for three semesters or more (not counting this current semester) can choose a room in STAC or Moore Complex
March 16-19, 2020
Open room selection for any available rooms on campus
Priority given to credits and application complete timestamp
Room Selection Process:
1. Complete your 20-21 Returning Student Housing License and Dining Application on your myHousing account.
2. Once you get a confirmation email that your application is complete, you will be able to participate in room selection.
3. Lottery numbers will be given to those with the most credits (Seniors first) and then by who completed their application first.
4. Starting at 9:00 am on the day of each selection process, you may log back into your myHousing account and participate in room selection after your designated start time.
5. Go to the Roommate/ Room selection drop down and choose the room you would like from those available. (Directions for roommate selection below)
6. You will receive an email once your assignment is confirmed.
Roommate Selection Process:
1. 24 hours AFTER you complete your 20-21 Returning Student Housing License and Dining Application, you will get an email from MyCollegeRoomie (MCR). This is our new roommate matching software.
2. Once you get the welcome email from them, sign up and complete your profile.
3. You will then be able to search for a roommate. You may do so by looking up someone specific or by random.
4. If you cannot find them in MCR that means that they did not do something on their end and they need to complete a portion of this process.
5. Once you mutually match and accept each other as roommates, you should be able to see each other in your myHousing account THE NEXT DAY.
6. You will then be able to select a room together once open room selection starts.
7. Do not wait to sign up for MCR. Since it take a day to get access, you may miss the opportunity to pick a roommate if you wait too long!
8. You can pick a max of 6 people (for the Towers) through the program
All full‐time first year and second year students whose permanent residence is beyond a 35-mile radius of the College are required to reside on campus FOR 4 CONSECUTIVE SEMESTERS OR UNTIL 60 CREDITS HAVE BEEN EARNED AT BUFFALO STATE, whichever comes first. Pre‐college credits, advanced placement credits, CLEP credits, and the like are not considered. Exemptions from this requirement include married students, single parents, veterans, students over the age of 21, and students commuting from the home of their parent(s) or court appointed guardian(s) if within a 35-mile radius of the College. The home address must be the address listed on the college application. Living with a family member that is not a parent or legally appointed guardian does not meet the requirements to live off campus. Additionally, students cannot change their address to that of local housing entity and provide that as proof without two forms of proof (i.e. utility bill, medical bill, current paystub) indicating it is a permanent residence.
If you are a student that falls within the category above, you will be assigned a room by May 1, 2020 if you do not choose a room for yourself.
You will not be able to participate unless your housing application and fee are completed by the first day of the selection process.
Ensure you register for 12 credit hours for fall 2020 no later than May 1, 2020 or your housing assignment could be dropped.
The Residence Life Housing License and Dining Application is a legally binding document. Any request to cancel this license must be received by 5 p.m. on May 1, 2020. If executed AFTER May 1, 2020, a request to terminate the license must be received within 48 hours of the signature timestamp.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the Residence Life Office at 716-878-3000 or email at email@example.com.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.