Family College is a comprehensive program that is designed to provide on campus accommodations for single parents with dependent children and/or married/domestic partners with children in an apartment setting. The basic principle behind the Family College Program is to create a conducive and supportive environment for students with children to attend college who might otherwise not be able to.
• Family College residents enjoy all the benefits of living on the Buffalo State College campus with their children.
• Residents can build special relationships with other students who share similar experiences.
• Residents will receive specialized programming geared toward families and children living on campus.
• Be a full-time matriculated Buffalo State College student with a dependent child under the age of 18.
• Be the full time legal custodial parent and/or guardian of child (verification will be necessary prior to occupancy).
• Have a maximum of four individuals living in the apartment (2 adults, 2 children; 1 adult, 3 children)
• If expecting with first child, must be at least six months pregnant prior to moving into Moore Complex.
• Be financially eligible to be placed in a Family College apartment.
• Be in good conduct standing with the college.
• Follow all Buffalo State and Residence Life guidelines and policies.
FAMILY COLLGE AMENITIES
• 12-month leasing
• Fully furnished apartments
• All utilities included
• 24-hour locked door access
• Residential and family programming
• Access to the Family College Children Room
• Access to the Moore Lounge
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.